EB-5 Investor Visas
An EB-5 investor visa allows a foreign investor to obtain a permanent green card through investing in property that will create jobs and benefit the U.S. economy. The Rothrock Law Firm are experienced immigration attorneys who file EB-5 investor visas. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call today at (239) 206-2363.
Requirements for EB-5 Visa
- The minimum investment amount to qualify for EB-5 status is $1,000,000.00 per immigrant investor. The limit is reduced to $500,000.00 if the investment is in a “targeted employment area.”
- Assets used must be from a legitimate fund. Legitimate funds include cash, stocks, and real estate. The investor cannot use money from illegal sources.
- Except in a regional center company case, investors are required to participate in the operational management of the invested enterprise. This requirement can be satisfied by taking a managing position, participating in the decision-making process or being a limited partner in a LLP. In some cases, the participation requirement can be waived.
- The investor must show that he or she created at least 10 direct or indirect jobs
Advantages of EB-5 Visas
- The EB-5 provides a permanent green card and a pathway to U.S. citizenship. It is not temporary.
- Because of the relatively low numbers of people who apply for the EB-5 visa, processing times are relatively fast.